Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today is the day I am flying home, I am leaving Malawi.  I honestly can not believe it is over so soon.  I feel like I just got here, yet I know that in the time I have been here, I have changed so much.  I have spent this morning packing last minute things and zipping up my big suitcases.  I still can not believe I am going. 

I am not happy, but I am.  I am not happy to be leaving all my dear friends here, who have become my second family.  I am not happy to be leaving this lifestyle that I have become comfortable living.  I am not happy to be leaving this beautiful country in Africa.  I am happy because I am going home.  It has been two months and I am ready, I had a great time here, but I am ready.  I am happy at the thought of seeing my family and friends soon. 

Now, here comes the tough part.  Maribeth, Kelsey and the whole Team are taking me to the airport.  I am not worried about flying by myself; I know God will take care of me.  The tough part is saying goodbye to these people I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment