Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Monday, March 14, 2011

Today was my last day serving at Queens.  Kelsey and I met up with Abbie in the morning and visited the kids in the orthopedic wards.  I brought my camera with me and as soon as the kids saw it, they wanted their picture taken.  I should have brought the camera in sooner because it made them all excited and happy and when I showed each child their picture they laughed and laughed!  It was a lot of fun!





 




After being in the wards, we went to some of the covered patios and read to the guardians.  Abbie and I read the story of the prodigal son and the adults enjoyed it.  They were very appreciative that we would take the time to read to them.  They were also very interactive, which was nice.  Yamikani joined our group a short time later and we read to some more guardians around the Moyo ward. 

We ended our work at Queens early so that we could take Abbie into town for lunch.  It was fun to go out, just us three girls to celebrate my last day at Queens.  We went to a new restaurant Kelsey and I had not gone to before, it wasn’t the cleanest, but the food was good.  We had a nice time. 

Once we finished lunch Kelsey and I went to the South African Airline office and confirmed my flight.  Everything is still on track and looking good.  After that we ran some last minute errands and I enjoyed my last trip in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment