Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thursday, January 27, 2011 – Backyard Blessing

I went to bed last night exhausted and not feeling well.  I felt a bit better this morning.  I still stayed home and took it easy.  Maribeth went to work and Kelsey went to the school and ran some errands.  Because I was by myself and not feeling that good I was homesick.  I found that I do better if I stay busy with ministry things and do not focus on myself.  Kelsey came back early afternoon.  Just having her around helped me with my loneliness and homesickness. 

At one point in the afternoon we were both working on our computers when we heard singing, like a choir.  So, we follow the music to a window looking out into our backyard and there were a dozen women standing in our backyard singing!  We were curious and a little confused so we stepped out onto the conde.  They saw us and waved us over, so we joined them!  The group sang songs in Chichewa and then sat sown and read from the Bible.  We had to grab our English Bibles so we could follow along.  We were having a grand ole time! However, it started to rain so I invited them to move to conde since its covered.  They agreed so we all squeezed together and enjoyed being dry.  The ladies ended up being friends of Mrs. Douglas (our guard’s wife) and went to her church.  They were very excepting of us joining them and thankful that we let them sit on the conde.  We even got invited to join their group anytime, I don’t know if we will, but it was very nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment