Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today was busy and bitter sweet.  It was my last full day in Malawi, which is sad.  I spent the whole morning packing and cleaning.  Then I we went to the school to say goodbye to the kids and teachers.  That was definitely harder than I thought it would be.  Tisu announced to the kids that Madame Becca had to leave tomorrow and gave them a chance to say something to me.  A lot of the kids said that they loved me, will miss me and that they hope I have a safe flight and come back soon.  It was really sweet.  Then they had me sit in the middle of their circle and they prayed for me, which meant a lot.  After the prayer they sang a song that said something like goodbye is not forever, we will meet again.  I totally cried, I was trying not to, but I did.  Once the kids were dismissed most of them came up and gave me a hug.  Then, I had to say goodbye to the teachers, which was even harder, they said sweet things and I got teary eyed saying goodbye to each one. 


Once we came home I did more organizing, packing, and cleaning.  I am so sad to be leaving this beautiful place but I am also happy to be seeing my friends and family back home soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment