Thursday, January 27, 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011

Today started out as a relaxing day.  I caught up with blogging and emailing this morning.  In the afternoon Kelsey and I walked down to the corner market for sodas and bread. On the way there we pasted a group of 6 or 7 girls around the ages of 4-8, walking home from school.  As we got close the youngest one looked at me and asked, “Hug?” with her arms wide open and a smile on her face.  How could I resist?! It was so sweet!  Malawians do not express themselves physically; its just part of their culture, so to get a hug from a child was special.  And of course if you give one child a hug, the others want one too, so I gave them all hugs!  Once we got back to the house, the family of the cat we are getting came to visit to check out our place.  They said the cat will love it and we made plans to pick him up tomorrow!  I am really excited!  Having a cat around will be nice.  This evening we were invited to a barbeque at a friend, Althea’s house. Kelsey and I went and had a fun time socializing.  And the food was great!  Althea is from South Africa and made a ton of food, we had steak, sausage, carrot salad, creamed corn, and South African sima.  It was like a South African Thanksgiving!  It was great! Oh! And I saw my first lightning bug! It was flying around during the BBQ and we caught it and we got to hold it.  They are so cool!  Things so miraculous, like lightning bugs, make me adore our Creator that much more.    

No comments:

Post a Comment